Scrum Master training course (English spoken)
Would you like to be able to facilitate Scrum teams? This Scrum Master course teaches you how to facilitate a team when working with Scrum within 2 days. You’ll learn the principles of Scrum, and the role of the Scrum Master within Scrum. After the course, you’ll be able to function as a Scrum Master within your organization.
What does this Scrum Master training include?
The Scrum Master guides the Scrum team. This person is responsible for the smooth continuation of a project. He guides the daily stand-up meetings in which the progress, the upcoming activities within the project, and the problems are discussed. This two-day training is aimed at learning:
- How to function as an effective Scrum Master
- How to eliminate impediments
- How to appropriately support the Scrum Product Owner (e.g. when establishing backlogs)
- How to involve the teams in the process of Agile development of products and services
Many common practical cases in working as a Scrum Master are treated during the training. Furthermore, there are many simulations during the course that will allow you to appropriately master the principles of Scrum. Our trainers are all experienced Scrum Masters and can draw upon enormous amounts of practical examples.
You can optionally take the Scrum Master exam (PSM I) through Scrum.org or IIabc.org. If you pass the exam, you will receive an officially recognized certificate.
- After the training, you receive a code by email that you can use for one exam attempt. You can take this exam on a day and time that is pleasant for you.
- The exam is in English and should be completed within a certain time period.
- If you do not pass, you can take the exam again on your own initiative through Scrum.org
Note: no prior knowledge is needed for this training. If you have already followed our basic training, this training will include some repetition.
This is a 2-day training course. The second training day is always 1 day after the first day of the course. You can find a full overview of the start dates in the registration form.
Times and location
Our training days start at 09:30 and end around 16:00 (including lunch). The training takes place at Meeting Plaza, Utrecht and BCN in Amsterdam.
Why the Agile Scrum Group?
The Agile Scrum Group is specialized in Scrum for non-IT companies. Our trainers have a lot of field experience which makes the theory come to life during the Scrum Master course. Also, the main focus of the course is applying the theories to your organization’s environment, this way you will know how to immediately apply your learnings to your work life. We get an 8.5 out of 10 on average for our course, and we are proud of it!
Do you have any questions regarding our Scrum Master training?
Please contact us at 020 2614 195 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be happy to be of further service!
After finishing the course, you receive an Agile Scrum Group certificate. If you have chosen to take an exam through Scrum.org or IIabc.org, you also receive an officially certificate that shows that you are qualified to function as a Scrum Master.
- The International Institute for Agile Business Certification (IIABC.org). The exam you will take after the course is named “Agile Business Advanced – Facilitating the Process”. IIABC.org is focused on Agile within non-IT organizations and is an initiative from the Agile Scrum Group. The exam is available in English and Dutch.
- Scrum.org. You can also take the exam from Scrum.org. You will make the PSM I exam. If you pass, you’ll earn a certificate indicating that you’re capable of guiding Scrum teams. The exams of Scrum.org are focused on applying Scrum within an IT environment. The exams are only available in English.
- The costs are € 990 excl. exam
- The costs are € 1133 incl. Agile Business Advanced – Facilitating the Process exam via IIABC.org
- The costs are € 1195 incl. the PSM I exam through via Scrum.org
The price includes all training materials, the Agile Scrum Group certificate, and drinks/lunch. The price excludes VAT.
Did you know that a part of the costs of this training will be recovered when you book a follow-up training? Read more about training discounts here.
The training takes place at:
- Amsterdam (BCN Amsterdam)
- Utrecht (Aristo Utrecht CS)
Dates and times of the training
You can register for the Scrum Master training with the following form. Every day the training takes place from 9:30 AM to 4 PM.
Would you like to organize this training in-company? This is possible from 4 participants. Call us on 020 2614 195 or email us and we will send you a quotation based on your situation.